Sardine and Veggie SandwichAugust 10, 2018
Try this sardine and veggie sandwich for lunch today! It is super easy to make and is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
Did you know that sardines are one of the healthiest little fish in the sea? Consuming sardines can aid in reducing inflammation, preventing heart disease, and maintaining blood sugar levels.
Personalize your sandwich by adding your favorite toppings like cracker crumbs, red onions, capers, or sprouts.
- Sandwich bread or crusty bread of your choice
- 1 tin of Titus sardines
- 2 tbsp Heinz Salad Cream
- Baby lettuces, sprouts, or other leafy green
- 2 Jacob’s Cream Crackers
- Large leaf parsley
- Red onion
- Hot Sauce
- Lemon juice
- Slice or prepare your bread by toasting it or grilling it on a lightly oiled grilling pan.
- Smear an even layer of salad cream onto your bread.
- Add a layer of sardines, whole from the tin or broken up into pieces with a fork.
- Top with your choice of leafy green vegetable.
- Garnish with crushed cream crackers to add a pleasing crunch.