Instant Pot Custard Cream CheesecakeNovember 17, 2018
The Ovaltine malt cookies and Bird’s custard powder make this cool, sweet treat extra yummy. If you know what you’re doing, you can make this cheesecake in 40 minutes! (Plus at least 4 hours of refrigeration time) For dessert experts, there is an opportunity to have fun with icing rosettes. Well done!
What you'll need:
- Instant Pot
- 7-inch diameter springform cake tin
- Icing piper
- Food Processor
1 1/3 c Ovaltine cookies
3 tbsp melted butter
2 1/2 c full fat cream cheese
1 c Powdered sugar
2 tbsp Bird's custard powder
2 large eggs
1 t vanilla extract
3 drops almond extract
7 tbsp heavy cream
4 tbsp heavy cream
1 t icing sugar
- Make your crust by mixing the cookies in a food processor to a fine crumb, then mix in the melted butter, pulsing to blend.
- Pour into a 7-inch diameter springform cake tin and use your fingers to press an even layer into the base and up the sides.
- Clean out the food processor and then mix all the filling ingredients together
- Pour into the tin slowly and gently. It should find its own level on top of the crust.
- Pour 1 c of water into the instant pot and place the trivet on top with the arms folded down.
- Take a long piece of foil and fold lengthways to make a sling long enough to allow you to lower the cheesecake on to the trivet and retrieve when cooked.
- Take 4 or 5 pieces of paper towel and tuck them over the cheesecake, trying to tent them around the tin to give room for them to drop as they absorb moisture before folding the foil very gently over enough to allow you to put the lid on.
- When closed, ensure the vent is set to "sealing" and select Manual, adjusting the time to 25 minutes.
- Leave for 10 minutes after cooking time finished to give you a natural pressure release
- Remove the lid, and discard the now wet paper towel.
- Using the foil sling,carefully remove the cheesecake. It should have a hint of movement in the middle still.
- Cool on a rack
- When at room temp, chill for a minimum of 4 hours if not overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving plate
- Whisk the extra cream to soft peaks with the icing sugar.
- Pipe rosettes on top of the cake.
- Cut the remaining cookies in half and place one on each rosette (optional).